Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It doesn't have to be another so-so day...

...I love living vicariously through my gorgeous sister Claudine's and my beautiful cousin Allison's lives. (apparently, I love pandering to them, too. Hahaha. just kiddin', Ates). Their stories of mini (and BIG) adventures, food trips, and more make me miss them, my family, and my California.

At the same time, I've been living in Minneapolis for about 7 months now, and I do miss writing long novelas that aren't in the form of an e-mail explaining why we can't allow a vendor to cancel a big shipment of stockpots and saute pans (yes, that is what I deal in). I miss the days of my Friendster blog (Friendster who?!) when I would write about the most mundane details, but sometimes some amazingly personal & cathartic notes as well.

It's funny, we were just talking about this at work, how engaging in Facebook, Myspace, Blogger, Twitter, and all other forms of social media is the greatest sign of a person's vanity and self-importance. Perhaps it is; after all, I could've just as easily written this note down on a Word document and filed it in my folder for me to ponder upon at a later place and time. But, I find wonders in sharing...I enjoy reading about other people's lives, at least to the extent that they want to share. And I think blogging, in particular, allows its creators and its content users greater possibilities to connect on more, possibly deeper, levels than a Status update can. Not that there's anything wrong with Status updates on Facebook, as I for one employ them frequently.

And in the end, it just feels wonderful to write! Being a professional now, I have a greater sense of propriety and will not say every single thing that comes to mind on this blog. But at the same time, this is my blog, and this is my space of self-expression. So enjoy! I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment