Thursday, April 15, 2010

In this week's episode of "Things I'm grateful for"...

23. Great music; I just love a good song, and even trashy, corny ones sometimes. Currently listening to Esperanza Spalding. New find on eMusic!
24. Pandora Radio during my morning walks to work. 
25. free coffee @ Starbucks today -- Tax Day. 
26. Freedom of speech. Which gives me the right to say, while I can groan about my taxes every time I get my check, nothing in life comes free. I'm talking to you teabaggers...I mean, Tea Party (seriously, they complain about taxes, when a good portion of that goes to protecting the country they claim to love with the guns they claim to own). 
Sorry, got a little bit winded there. Not very much gratitude-y. I'm back on track.
27. The Spots, the official Target choir, which I'm a part of. What a fun group of people @ work, but outside the work function. :)
28. Brian Williams, who is informative and incredibly watchable. 
29. Henckels FE Pro Santoku knife, for being the only knife I really ever need. 
30. Glee, for making me ever so Glee-ful
31. Ugly Betty's writers, for ending the show with a nice compromise between typical "Ugly Betty endings" (in other countries) and a more modest, less treacly conclusion. 
32. "Eat This, Not That" webpage that I just recently discovered; haven't used it yet, but excited to!
33. The Metro Transit for being so convenient and ubiquitous around the Twin Cities. 
34. Netflix, for introducing me to so many great movies that I normally would never watch, and making me a complete foreign filmophile. 

2 comments:

  1. i want more ugly betty...or betty ugly. haha.

    I should subscribe to netflix too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix is the devil. Its what turned me on to TV full-time. One day, I spent 18 hours watching seasons of Desperate Housewives. I got up only three times-once to pee and the other to drink water. Come to think about it, I hardly used it for movies; just full seasons of TV shows.

    ReplyDelete