Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ah Glee, how do I love thee? Let me count the many freaking ways.

Note: If you live in the West Coast or have not seen the brand spanking new episode of Glee tonight, MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! I mean, seriously, it's all spoiler spoilers, like I would hate to be you right now if you haven't seen the show and then you read this. 


OMG, Glee is back. I am a certifiable Gleek, and I could not have cared less about the American Idol show running over. Gawrsh. But, that's OK, because the performers were pretty good. But they don't have the excitement, the drama, and the Sue Sylvester of the peppiest, snappiest, awesomest show about high school students in a Glee club! Anyway, what's so great about this episode? 


1) It's my first fresh taste of Glee after an insanely long hiatus (not that I ever ran out of shows to watch). 
2) New and improved Will Schuester, without that psycho wife Terri of his. 
3) Really funny line from Brittany (the ditzy blonde cheerleader): Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks? I don't typically do LOLs, but LMFAO!!! 
4) A sneak peek at the equally talented (but no back story) Vocal Adrenaline
5) Will + Emma sitting on a tree...that Emma had to bleach because she has OCD (yey, it still rhymes!) 
6) The immaculate Sue Sylvester. SOOOOO GLAD she's reinstated, coz then who else would we love to hate, right? Best line from Sue tonight (to two cheerleaders): "You two are the stupidest teens I've met, and I've taught cheerleading to a young Sarah Palin." Oh no she didn't!!! :D
7) IDINA MENZEL as the coach of Vocal Adrenaline! Ah! Idina!!! 
8) And, of course, the joie de vivre for Glee, the songs. Amazing arrangements, and while I love the big group songs (and "Hello Goodbye" by the Beatles, no less), I'd have to say the refined duet by Rachel and Jesse St. James (new evil character, hooray!) of Lionel Richie's "Hello" was the best of the night. 




Ah, and of course, there's a shocking, and shockingly good preview of next week's Madonna episode. I CAN'T WAIT! Thank you [insert higher being here], for giving the world Glee. And, I heard Kristin Chenoweth's coming back for a guest spot. Oh my god, if there was a Chenoweth-Menzel duet in "Glee," I would so cry tears of joy.



3 comments:

  1. definitely spoiled it for me! j/k! you failed to mention anything about jonathan groff so it's still fresh for me. can't wait to watch it TOMORROW. yes, i said tomorrow b/c Lost is a priority for the hubby and we only have ONE tv. ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where could I watch first season? I want to join the madness. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis! unfortunately they only have 5 episodes on hulu, but ovguide.com is like the best search website for any show! Join the craziness!!! :)

    ReplyDelete