Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's coming...

...that's what....ah, that's too easy. Anyway, winter is inevitable. God damn it. There I was, less than 72 hours ago, reveling at the freak experience that is a 'warm' November day in Minnesota. Warm, for my Pacific coast amigos, is low 50's, high 40's. But now, upon checking on my trusty weather widget on my Mac, I find that the next few days are going to be an average high of 37. That being said, I'm still trying to stay zen about the whole thing. I just can't believe that it's going to snow again. It's kinda funny how less than 18 months ago I was so looking forward to seeing a snowflake and putting on my kick-ass sherpa-like snow boots to trudge through the white powder. Now, I'm kinda over it, to be honest. It's fun if you have enough space to run around and make snow angels and snowmen and what-not. It's not fun when, four months into winter, you still see the same, stagnant pile of dirty snow piled up next to the Domino's on 11th street.
Ok, that whole 'zen' thing just totally went out the window, didn't it? Haha. Well, I will make a list of things I want to do to get through the cold weather blues that I didn't get to do last winter season. And I'm making a list because, to Linda Holmes's point, lists are a lazy way to write:
1) Make a snowman
2) Engage in a playful snow fight (ok, my pragmatic, adult subconscious tells me this isn't happening)
3) Go to the Winter Carnival in St. Paul
4) Walk on a frozen lake
5) Stay in someone's cabin. PS: I love it when people use the possessive "MY cabin," like they pay the mortgage on the thing as opposed to the reality, which is that their grandparents already paid off the cabin years ago and they just share it with the rest of the clan.
6) Watch the Nutcracker
7) Volunteer to serve warm meals at a soup kitchen
8) Drink eggnog
9) Sled
10) Be happy!

Any more winter ideas, bring it on.

And, to give everyone a little happy, here's an amazing Taiwanese animation titled US-Sino Currency Rap Battle. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment