Sunday, May 16, 2010

vamos!

OK, so a conversation with a friend earlier left me raring -- nay, yearning -- to go somewhere, anywhere this year that's not California. It's just so easy to talk about the places I wish I would've gone to when I had a 3-month vacation between graduation and work, but now I really wanna do something about it. I must have some cajones and just go, even if it means packing light and traveling solo (but I'm open to travel buddies who are itching for some adventure!) And now that I have the means, I think I might actually just go to Travelzoo, pick the cheapest deal out there, and vaaaaaa. And hey, now that the Euro's at an all time low, maybe it's even easier now. Now if only I have time...
So many places I wanna go to, though. I'll probably start small and do, like, Canada or something. I'm goaling (new word!) to be more active and more outgoing (hold on, people who know me) at the get-go. I feel like traveling would definitely satisfy that "active/adventurous" quotient. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to go all Samantha Brown meets Ozzy Osbourne (yes, my analogies are horribly lame), but I'm excited at the possibilities.
What's up? Sunbathing in Vancouver? Buying chotchkies in Mexico, D.F? Jetskiing in Martha's Vineyard? Who knows?

1 comment:

  1. Do it, seriously. Never deny yourself the opportunity to travel. EVER. Don't skimp out on vacations you owe yourself b/c you want to 'save' your vacation time. Trust me. I cashed out on a kajillion hours of vacation time when I left my last 3 jobs and guess where the $$$ went? To pay the damn bills that would've been paid otherwise. I could've gone somewhere and gotten paid for it. What was I thinking?! I say you go on a Contiki adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete